Friday, October 29, 2021

Storyteller's Journey

The Autumn Moon & Forest Monsters

Since moving onto our wooded rural property, my sense of connection to nature has impacted my imagination greatly. Then too, it's not just my imagination. 

With screaming coyotes, screeching owls, and howling winds through the tall timbers, it doesn't take my imagination to believe there are dangers lurking not far from our home. While I've mentioned numerous times the black-tailed deer that make our property their home, there have also been reports of coyotes very near some of our neighbors' homes - as well as a bear! Thankfully, our sightings have been mostly deer, owls, squirrels, and other birds & small critters.

The exciting news is that I have a story for children banging around in my brain! It would be a short story, so probably become a Lindstrom Wintertime Tale. I won't mention any details, other than it features a deer. (No surprise there!) Other ideas have floated through my mind, but only the short story has taken any shape at all. However, who knows. With Halloween upon us, my eerie surroundings might just take my writing in an entirely different direction than it's ever gone before.

Have a safe and happy Halloween! 🎃