Friday, January 20, 2023

Storyteller's Journey

Simplicity - Part II

One thing that helps quiet my mind and settle my soul is to spend time amongst the towering timbers around our home. Sharing our property with a small herd of black-tailed deer is an added bonus. It's another example of living a simple life. There's so much majestic beauty just outside our door; sometimes I must remind myself that I'm not living in a dream. It makes it easy to place myself in my current fantasy novel.

UPDATES:
My middle grade fantasy manuscript - LIVVI BIDDLE and THE SIBYLLINE SCROLL - is now in the capable hands of my talented editor; he assures me it will be complete by the end of the month. After that, I'll make one last final edit.

I have an appointment with my book formatter next week to begin working on cover design, fonts, etc. She's worked on three of my previous four books - Kriston's a whiz at Tattered Page Ink!

Lastly, my husband, fine artist Michael Lindstrom, will be working on the art portion of my cover; we plan to begin collaborating on that very soon. We know the subject matter, and that it will be created in oils, but finding the time for Michael is the challenge. We'll definitely work on the cover art before the end of February.

By keeping my life as simple as possible, I have more energy to create the kind of work that's meaningful to me. Wish me luck; it's a long path to publication in the fall!