Friday, January 6, 2023

Storyteller's Journey

Begin January with Books!

Whew! What a holiday season. Between icy snow, gusty winds, and cancelled airline flights, our family's Christmas went a bit sideways. (We still have gifts for our son and daughter-in-law under our tree since we couldn't get together due to the weather; now, it's difficult to line up our schedules.) That being said, we still had a blessed holiday, albeit a bit different. This photo of my gifts shows you how much my family and friends know me!

For those of us living in the Pacific Northwest. with its lack of sunshine, one needs to find a favorite indoor activity during the winter months. Reading has always been one of my favorite pastimes - no matter what type of weather I'm dealing with outside my home. 

Receiving nine books for Christmas provides me with enough reading material for a good little while. I must say that three of my new titles are vintage children's books to add to my vintage book collection. A big thank you to Mr. & Mrs. Lindstrom (my in-laws) for perusing the shelves of an extraordinary bookshop in Boston to find the gems they gave me!

On December 27th we lost electricity to our home for over twenty hours. However, that didn't stop me from beginning to read AND THEN THERE WAS LIGHT Abraham Lincoln and the American Struggle by Jon Meacham.

Thankfully, we had lanterns handy to help us deal with the darkness! What new book are you beginning to read this January?