Friday, June 24, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

Why do we write? Why do I write?
My journey as a writer really began many years ago; recording poems as a coping mechanism for a painful situation in my life. Now, as an aspiring author, I find myself writing from a place of joy - however, no one is happy all the time. I have realized my poet's heart makes my writing somewhat susceptible to my circumstances. What do we do as writers when life throws us a curve ball? I don't know about you, but I still write. Oh, I may take a hiatus for a few days from my WIP; but I'll blog, write poetry, or journal. After all, isn't writing really about recording the contents of one's soul? (Maybe that's the poet in me coming out. ^_^) It's the challenges in life that make us better writers; even though those challenges may not be pleasant at the time. Whatever your motivation is for writing - Write Like You Mean It!