Friday, June 10, 2011

Storyteller's Journey



It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.

                       Ernest Hemingway




With all the writing, reading, blogging, and tweeting I do it would be easy to lose sight of why I first started out on this Storyteller's Journey! Having stories rolling around in my head has always been how my mind has kept entertained; so I decided it was high time I put some down on paper. What I didn't bargain for was some of the unexpected blessings I would experience along the way. The most important one being all the incredible people I've met that would have probably remained unknown to me if not for my dream to become an author. These creative, gifted folks have not only inspired me in my writing; but added to the quality of my life. They also have allowed me to feel a sense of belonging in a way I have never known. There are too many to name - but you know who you are! So, if you're busy trying to finish your umpteenth draft or polish that query letter that will be the one that gets you discovered; don't forget to enjoy the creative ride you're on, and don't forget Hemingway's quote!