Friday, April 15, 2022

Storyteller's Journey

The Magic of Spring Snow

Like most people in the Pacific Northwest, the onset of spring is a welcome arrival. However, earlier this week, we received a surprise snowfall! 


When I say snowfall, I mean eight inches! This threw a curve into my schedule, causing me to cancel events with family and friends. However, the beauty and magic of snow - in the middle of April - is something that I couldn't help but enjoy. Every story for children that I've ever written, has included nature, trees, and snow! I took the opportunity to spend time on our snow-covered property, savoring the unexpected transformation and listening to the trees creak and crack.

It wasn't difficult to imagine woodland elves, dryads, or anthropomorphic animals, prancing about our property. It was a lovely surprise - and inspiration - to promote my creativity!