Monday, April 4, 2022

Bibliophile's Corner

I Begin with Spring 
The Life and Seasons of Henry David Thoreau
by Julie Dunlap

Back Flap Copy Description:
How do we live well, for ourselves and our world, in this time of injustice and climate change?
Begin now, where you are, in spring or any season.
That is the message Henry David Thoreau sends us from his time almost two centuries ago.

My Thoughts: love of nature, 
I Begin with Spring is a beautiful and inspirational book! Ms. Dunlap follows the life of Thoreau through the aperture of plant and animal life as the seasons progress. In addition to Thoreau's love of nature, his strong stand for social justice - so long ago - is a very relevant message for children today. I highly recommend I Begin with Spring for children aged seven to twelve. Brava, Julie Dunlap!