Friday, April 22, 2022

Storyteller's Journey

Happy Earth Day!

Spending time in the out of doors is one of my favorite things to do. Living in the beauty of the Pacific Northwest makes that pastime even more enjoyable than just about any place I've ever been. (However, I'd love to visit Alaska and Scotland again!)

Unless you've been living with your head in the sand, you're aware of the challenges our planet faces. Climate change, as well as onslaughts on our natural resources and wildlife, make it our responsibility to do everything we can to preserve and protect our spectacular planet.

As an author, I'm a bit unique. I don't start a story idea with a character or a plot; my ideas always originate with setting. Which, for me, always means including nature as a prominent feature. The beauty of tall timbers, roiling rivers, and babbling brooks, is what really excites me. 

I hope our planet can withstand the challenges it faces; to do so, it will take the effort of each one of us. If you'd like to join me and support Earth Day, visit the Earth Day Organization for more information.

On a side note, this week is also National Park Week; it would be a great way to celebrate Earth Day by visiting one of our numerous National Parks!

Lake Quinault - Olympic National Park - Washington State