Friday, March 11, 2022

Storyteller's Journey

When the Personal and Professional Cross Paths

Last month we traveled to the East Coast to surprise our son, Brian, for his birthday. (His girlfriend, Caity, had master-minded the plan!) It had been several years since we'd visited the Big Apple, so while we were there, we made sure to make the most of it. Central Park lies between the two museums we wanted to visit; it was a cold, but lovely, day in the park.

We always visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art when we're in New York City. It never fails to inform and inspire us. The Met is definitely one of our favorite places to visit while in Manhattan.


As I mentioned, the main purpose for traveling to the East Coast was to celebrate our son's birthday. Brian was definitely surprised. Many thanks to Caity who made the trip happen!


Since Caity works for one of the theaters in the city, she was able to pull some strings and get us tickets to a Broadway show. We enjoyed a bite to eat before the show began.

We were overwhelmed when we learned that we'd be seeing Hamilton! When we got to the Richard Rogers Theatre, we were stunned to see the seats Caity had been able to acquire. Thanks again, Caity!


After so many months of hunkering down during the pandemic, it was a thrill to see our son, and have a trip that was so "over the top." However, it wasn't just a trip for enjoyment and entertainment. When we returned home, I was encouraged to realize that I had indeed been newly inspired to continue writing. I wasn't surprised. Whenever I have the opportunity to immerse myself in the arts, I almost always experience a renewed sense of purpose with my own creativity. I'll post more about my work in progress very soon.