Friday, March 4, 2022

Storyteller's Journey

Melting Snow - by Oleg Ulitskiy - Oil, 18 X 24
The World Right Now

When Russia invaded Ukraine last month, I immediately thought of my Ukrainian American friends, Oleg and Victoriya Ulitskiy. While they have lived in the U.S, for many years, they still have family and friends in Odessa, Ukraine, on the Black Sea.


I rarely post my political views on social media, but this aggression has shaken me to my core - like so many people around the world. The unprovoked attack on the innocent people of Ukraine brings to mind the horrific invasion of Poland in 1939 by Adolf Hitler.

I don't believe this is an exaggeration.

We all must proclaim our dismay and disgust of Vladimir Putin, lest history repeat itself. Whatever your political views, indiscriminate killing of children and adults cannot be tolerated. Glory to Ukraine!