Friday, November 26, 2021

Storyteller’s Journey

Thanksgiving Thoughts

On this Thanksgiving Weekend here in the U.S., I’m reflecting on how it’s even more important to be thankful for blessings in our lives when there are challenges in our lives.

In recent weeks I’ve mentioned many times of the challenges this autumn season has presented to me.Today, I want to illuminate some of the positive aspects and people in my life that I’m so grateful for.

First, is my family. While that may seem like something to just include in a list of blessings, for me, I’ve never been more thankful for my loved ones than I am right now. Why? Because I am struggling and nearly every one of them has reached out in some way to comfort or help me. My husband, Michael, has been a wonder! While he is a full time businessman and a gallery-represented artist, he has also become the main cook and housekeeper while I’ve been on the mend. I am so grateful to him - and my family - for their sacrificial love.

Second, is my friends! While I’ve been unable to maintain in-person visits with my pals, they have kept me in the loop with messages of hope and humor. You know who you are; thanks ever so much! 

Third, is our new home. Being nestled in  a remote forest here in the Pacific Northwest has been like a healing balm to my soul. Looking out upon the tall timbers, is like receiving a hug from nature.

Fourth, is my ability to read and write. With my limited mobility right now, allowing my imagination to take me to another place and time has kept my spirits up. Whether reading a new book, or working on a new story, I’m so thankful for my curiosity and my passion to create.

While there are many more blessings I could mention, I’ll conclude with social media. What? Really? Yes! It’s at times when you’re unable to see people face to face that you realize just how lucky you are that you can still connect by way of social media. Thanks to all of you for your likes, comments, & messages! They are so appreciated. 😀 

Wishing each of you a lovely weekend with family and friends!