Friday, May 24, 2024

Storyteller's Journey

A Literary Life

I recently returned from a lengthy trip to Arizona. It was great to catch some sunshine after what seemed like the longest winter of my life. It had been over a year since I'd seen my family.

Whenever I travel, I always bring my computer with the hope of writing at least a few pages on my current work in progress. Well, I only managed to write a few hundred words!

However, it was all good. The main goal for my visit was to catch up with my elderly mother. It was a trip I'll always cherish. It had been years since I spent such great one-on-one time with her.


It's always a balancing act in a literary life: time spent writing; time spent socializing, etc. When it comes to family, however, I usually choose the side of time spent with family - especially when many of my relatives live so far away. I'll never regret spending time with my loved ones, over meeting my writing goals. I had the best Mother's Day ever!