Monday, April 27, 2020

Bibliophile's Corner

In My Garden
by Charlotte Zolotow

Flap Copy Description:
IN THE SPRING what I love best in my garden are the birds building nests.
In the spring what I love most to do is fly kites.
In this quiet story, a young girl and her older companion describe the garden they love as it passes gently through the seasons. Originally published in 1960, In My Garden, by beloved picture book author Charlotte Zolotow, has been freshly reimagined by acclaimed author/illustrator Philip Stead as an homage to nature, friendship, and the passage of time.

My Thoughts:
The text of this recently-released picture book shares a timeless story, and it is freshly illuminated by the exquisite illustrations of Philip Stead. It's the perfect book for young readers this spring and summer, or really anytime. I highly recommend In My Garden to children aged four to eight, and to lovers of beautiful books and gardens everywhere.

Click here to learn about the life and career of Charlotte Zolotow.
Click here to learn about the illustrator Philip Stead.