Friday, June 29, 2012

Storyteller's Journey

Sizzling Summer Reading List!

I can fondly recall the end of each elementary school year when the dutiful teachers issued summer reading lists - I loved it! Since I read and review so many amazing middle grade books for my blog, I decided to post my own sizzling summer reading list. The ten wonderful books listed below all contain stories that occur in the summer, and are all novels I would highly recommend. Whether you'd like a "light read" with a glass of lemonade (or chardonnay) or would simply like to enjoy a bit of exceptional writing, these ten tales will fit the bill!
Simply click on a title for a review of the book that interests you.

  *1 - Dead End in Norvelt, by Jack Gantos 
  *2 - The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate, by Jacqueline Kelly
  *3 - The Higher Power of Lucky, by Susan Patron
  *4 - Because of Winn-Dixie, by Kate DiCamillo
  *5 - Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech
  *6 - Olive's Ocean, by Kevin Henkes
  *7 - Turtle in Paradise, by Jennifer L. Holm 
  *8 - The Wanderer, by Sharon Creech
  *9 - Moon Over Manifest, by Clare Vanderpool
*10 - Horten's Miraculous Mechanisms, by Lissa Evans

Happy reading, and have a great summer!