Friday, December 9, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

I Should Have Learned Juggling First!

Writing is a bit like juggling...don't you agree? Think about it - you must balance a number of items simultaneously: writing, blogging, networking, rewriting, revising, querying, and submitting are just the beginning to the juggling act. The published author (I assume) must deal with a lot more marketing, daunting deadlines, possible speaking engagements, etc. Right now I feel like I'm juggling all I can handle - but to have the opportunity to possibly be repped, it's time to add another ball to my act! I have just begun looking for a local literary editor to polish my WIP before I submit to an agent. I'm also working on giving my blog a minor makeover before the end of the year. I've always been a decent multi-tasker; it's not the work - it's knowing how to properly prioritize my writer's tasks. To be honest I think I've spent too much time writing and not enough time submitting. I've written three manuscripts and sent out one query letter - to one agent. (And - received one rejection letter!) However, and this is a big however, two of the three stories need minor to major work before submitting. One thing I've learned is to fully complete one manuscript, before starting another. (I  know - what was I thinking?! ^_^)

I would love to hear your thoughts on juggling all the aspects of being a writer!