Friday, September 16, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

With only three weeks remaining until I attend the SCBWI Fall Retreat - the butterflies are starting to set up shop in my stomach! If I was only planning on attending the conference I would be fine. The fact that my work is being critiqued by a well-respected agent is what has me apprehensive. This morning I viewed a blog by an award winning author who publicly declared that she had doubts about how good her new novel would be. If she is concerned, given all the skill and talent she possesses, where does that leave me?
One thing is for sure, whatever the outcome next month, I will have had a professional's feedback which will give me a sense of where I'm really at as a writer. From that point I will be able to proceed with some valuable information, regarding exactly what I need to work on to improve my manuscript. This isn't only about the destination, it's about the journey; my storyteller's journey.