Friday, September 9, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

Recently I joined Facebook and was confronted with a myriad of questions varying from insignificant to thought provoking. One question asked for my profile was: "who inspires you?" After answering the question with a quintet of extraordinary women from the past and the present, it dawned on me that they all had two things in common. The first, they had all written at least one book that had then been published. The second, and more importantly, they had all contributed in an extremely positive manner to showing the world how to overcome obstacles with grace. Suddenly my day to day struggles to become a published author seem insignificant. Those inspirational women are: Anne Frank, Helen Keller, Emily Dickinson, J.K. Rowling, and Oprah Winfrey. Who inspires you?
By the way, I'd love to have you visit me on Facebook, the link is on the right.