Friday, September 8, 2023

Storyteller's Journey


The Summer of '23

When you live in the Pacific Northwest with his long dark winters, making summer plans is something you look forward to. I know I certainly do!



My main goal for the summer of 2023 was to complete and publish my middle grade novel, The Sibylline Scroll - book one in The Time Travel Tales of Livvi Biddle. That being said, spending time in the sunshine was a close second! My husband Michael and I planned to continue landscaping our property (which we purchased in 2021), visit some of our favorite local sites, and spend time with family. All of our plans were met, including my new novel being released next Tuesday!

However, something that wasn't on my summer list was an unexpected health challenge that began in late July and is still ongoing. I won't go into the details, but I have been diagnosed with cancer. Needless to say, this has been a significant challenge to the way I had hoped my summer would unfold. I have a difficult road ahead. Due to the cancer diagnosis, and my severe weakness, the book launch events I had scheduled have been postponed or cancelled. Wish me luck!

I learned years ago that writing and reading keep me on a positive path; I'm reminded of that in a big way right now. I'm so excited for the release of my new novel - The Sibylline Scroll - next Tuesday, 9/12!