Friday, September 30, 2022

Storyteller's Journey

The Magic of Nature
I've always felt that like a good novel needs sensational settings, colorful characters, and a poignant plot, so too, does a writer need those items in her own life for inspiration.

We've had a lovely autumn in the Pacific Northwest so far. The trees, fields, and waterways around our common property always offer me an abundance of inspiration, but this September the weather has been extraordinary. The dappled autumn light has danced upon the ponds and creeks causing me to feel as though I live in a fairy tale. 

Since all my stories for children feature scenes filled with trees and wildlife, living in this rural area of Washington State has become not only the perfect place for me to receive inspiration, but to find solace from the chaos of the world. There is a magic in nature, after all.