Friday, May 7, 2021

Storyteller's Journey

Reflections on Mother's Day

When I was growing up I was a bookworm - no surprise there! I did play with dolls, but mostly, I spent my time in imaginary worlds opened up to me by a wide variety of authors. To be honest, I didn't dream of being a mother. But here's the thing, when my eldest, David, arrived, my world seemed to pivot on its axis. It did it again when Kevin arrived, and once again when I held my youngest son, Brian.


They have been, and always will be, the biggest, and most significant blessings of my life. It hasn't always been easy. However, they have given me so much love; I'm thankful I opened my heart to motherhood. 

While I'm grateful I have had the opportunity to be a full-time writer and author, being a mother will always be at the core of who I am. It's what makes me feel when I write. (L-R: Kevin, Brian, David - 2006.)

Happy Mother's Day!