Friday, October 16, 2020

Storyteller's Journey

The Need to Read

As deciduous leaves brighten, and flames flicker in our fireplaces, I'm reminded why fall is my favorite time of year. Additionally, curling up in a blanket with a good book & hot cup of coffee, is one of my all-time favorite things to do each autumn - and has been, for years.


That being said, my need to read has become even more important since the onset of the Covid-19 Pandemic: it's an activity that doesn't put me or others in jeopardy of contracting Coronavirus. Now, since we're all spending more time indoors, being a bookworm (like me!) makes the isolation more easy to abide by, and also more tolerable.


My taste in books includes the Nancy Drew Series, the Harry Potter Series, and any well-written children's book. I love Historical Fiction set during World War II, as well as the popular Outlander Books - by Diana Gabaldon. I'm a big fan of all sorts of biographies, and enjoy perusing poetry. As a writer, reading a wide range of books is a good thing.

What kind of books do you enjoy reading?