Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sentimental Serendipity




  This Writer's Whimsical World!

These photos of my backyard were taken a couple of days ago - I just wanted to show all of you that Spring finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest! Our front yard is landscaped in a more traditional style, but I enjoy a quirky approach to my gardening in our backyard. This concrete rabbit planter always reminds me of Beatrix Potter's, Peter Rabbit.









Blue is my favorite color and I make use of it where ever I can in my garden. These perennials surprised me this year; I went out in the yard several weeks ago and was welcomed by these flowers that arrive every year with little or no maintenance. With our unusually cold and wet winter I didn't expect them so soon.









These wrought iron planter baskets add some interest to the bare fence. The ivy makes it through the winter, but I plant geraniums and bacopa to go with it every year.
Gardening is something I love to do - it's another way I find inspiration for my writing. What inspires you?