Friday, September 28, 2012

Storyteller's Journey

In Pursuit of Two Paths

Several weeks ago, while I was at a writers' conference, my husband - Michael, received some great news. His gallery director invited him to have a solo show of his oil paintings at the Art on the Boulevard where Michael is represented. As great as this news is, it requires us to do a bit of traveling in our neck of the woods, since the title of Michael's show is: "Moods of the Pacific Northwest."  (Scheduled - February 2013.)
Every once in a while the two of us must go different directions as we pursue our two separate paths. However, sometimes things come together in a wonderful way. In Michael's attempt to include me on his "artist's journey," he has reserved a cabin for us at a wonderful retreat center next week, where he can paint - and I can read, hike, and write! But, the thing is...there is no T.V. reception, no cell phone reception, and no WiFi! The nearest place to get on the Internet is the town's General Store - I'm not kidding! So, I will continue blogging next week, but I may be slow to get back to you if you leave a comment.

If you're curious about the bucolic setting where we'll be staying,
here is the link to the Mt. Adams Lodge: http://www.mt-adams.com/

Do you ever incorporate your writing into your family's activities?

12 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! Sounds like a wonderfully peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. It was great to see you last Saturday - have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Sounds really lovely, Victoria. Enjoy. :)

    To answer your question: Yes, I used to include my family in all my writerly pursuits--book signings, school visits (when I could), craft fairs, everything. My oldest, who turned 18 this year, told me earlier this year that she missed those days. So that made me feel it had been worthwhile to include them.

    Enjoy the wonderful time with your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. It sounds like you have a very supportive family - that's what really matters! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like an amazing retreat! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Sara. Hope you have an awesome weekend!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a great place for writing and looks it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I'm hoping to work on the dialogue in my WIP. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. Congrats to your husband. I hope you both have a wonderful time creating your forms of art!

    Sometimes I'll write when my children are at taekwondo. My husband ran to the lab on the weekend a couple of weeks ago, and I did some editing at his desk. So, yes, I guess I do write while with the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa. And congratulations on your newly-released book!

      Delete
  6. Congrats to your hubby! I've seen his work. This is awesome news. You guys are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Loree. He's hard at work up here in south-central Washington State - extremely rural area, but beautiful.

      Delete