Friday, September 18, 2026

Storyteller's Journey

The Summer of '26
 
After our spring trip to Scandinavia, we spent most of our summer close to home. The black-tailed deer herd that resides on our property is always a joy to behold.


Spending time with our sweet granddaughter Adeline is one of our favorite things to do. She's very curious and loves to be outdoors. She also loves to be creative. The day I took this photo Adeline had another art lesson with her oil-painter grandfather, Michael. 

🥀


Speaking of oil painting, serving as a model for my husband is something I regularly do. Believe me, I'm the last person who should be a model! (Pictured here: Victoria in Blue Dress - 12 X 16 - Michael Lindstrom.) 

Attending the summer concerts of MIDNIGHT THEORY was also something we enjoyed doing. Our son, David, plays the bass guitar for the band. (He's pictured on the far left.) Great music!

Catching up with my longtime friend, Laura, is always special. She has an English degree from UCLA and is a former editor for a NYC magazine - she keeps me on my toes! We enjoyed a luncheon not far from her riverside home.

In August we travelled to Olympia, WA, to visit my cousin Jill, and her husband, Mike. Since they live in the Bremerton area, and we live in SW Washington, meeting in the middle works well. So much fun!


Later in August, I took my dear friend and book formatter, Kriston, out to lunch along the Columbia River. It was a great way to celebrate the publication of my new novel A VIGIL IN VENICE.
 


Obviously, this is a blog about my writing journey, and yes, I wrote a lot this summer! So far, the first draft of book 4 of The Time Travel Tales of Livvi Biddle is over half done. Stay tuned for more updates!