Monday, December 13, 2021

Bibliophile’s Corner

The Christmas Pig
By J.K. Rowling

Flap Copy Description:
Jack loves his childhood toy, Dur Pig. DP has always been there for him, through good and bad. Until one Christmas Eve, something terrible happens - DP is lost.
So Jack and the Christmas Pig (DP’s irritating replacement) embark on a breathtaking journey through the magical Land of the Lost. With the help of a talking lunchbox, a brave compass, and a winged thing called Hope, they set out to rescue the best friend Jack has ever known from the terrifying, toy-cruncher Loser...

My Thoughts:
When J.K. Rowling releases a new children’s book I always rush to read it. (I will not get into her beliefs or mine, this is a book review.) If you expect to read a Potteresque story within the pages of this book, you’ll be disappointed. But if you enjoyed the Toy Story movies, then this book is for you! As I expected from Ms. Rowling her writing is crisp, clean, and entertaining. While it seemed to take a while for me to be hooked, I could see why she spent extra time setting up the back story. I would recommend The Christmas Pig to avid readers between the ages of eight and twelve - especially this holiday season!