Friday, February 5, 2021

Storyteller's Journey

My Tenth Blogiversary!

It boggles my mind that it's been a decade since I first set out on the journey of blogging. So much has happened since 2011! In that time I've met so many wonderful people: writers, artists, musicians, agents, editors, librarians, and on and on. 

While I met most of them online, many of them I had a chance to later meet in person, even though our first connection was through this blog. Each and every encounter worked to season my development as a storyteller; I am so grateful for each of these generous professionals.

In the last ten years I've not only blogged, I've attended numerous retreats, conferences, and critique groups. In the process I grew as a writer, and have actually had four children's books published. While I'm still seeking agent representation, it's not nearly as pressing an issue as it once was. It's all about just writing, and being a part of an eclectic, creative network. Even though we're all still grappling with the Covid-19 pandemic, it's been a blessing to have a vibrant online community.

Many thanks to all of you who have connected with me over the years!

In honor of my blogging milestone, I've decided to donate to a local library. The Woodland branch of the Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries is in the process of building a new facility. Over the years, FVRL has been extremely supportive of me and my journey as an author. 

If you'd like to support the Woodland Library, click here to donate!

"The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.Albert Einstein