Friday, December 13, 2019

Storyteller's Journey

The Need to Read

During the month of November, I did very little reading due to my participation in NaNoWriMo. I could feel it. For me, reading is like breathing in, and writing is like breathing out. While I'm pleased with completing NaNoWriMo, one thing I learned is, that for me, reading is not optional as a writer, it's a necessity. Consequently, I'm looking forward to drinking some hot cocoa with a few great books over the holidays.

Here are the books that I'm super excited to read very soon:





The last book listed, Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple, was purchased at a recent fundraiser for our local library. The author was nice enough to be the guest speaker for the event. The whimsical chair pictured above was purchased at the silent auction. If you look closely, you'll see Ms. Semple's book cover in the chair's design!

Wishing each of you a joyous season spent with a few good books!