Friday, September 5, 2014

Storyteller's Journey

 
        It's That Time of Year!

With our part of the Pacific Northwest recording one of the hottest summers in history, it's difficult to believe that it's that time of year when children are back in school.


At this time last year, I posted about buses rumbling down our rural road, about me writing in my creative cave, and about the Seahawks vying for the Super Bowl. (For those of you who have been in a vacuum since February, the Hawks pulled it off! Yeah - the 12th Man!)

As for me, this September brings with it the excitement of the release of my debut children's book. The Scandinavian Santa will be released on Tuesday, the 16th of this month, and with it all the marketing events involved with promoting a book. If you're a published author, then you're already aware of the balancing act required of you. Writing your current project, promoting your book, and back and forth. It seems that I'm either promoting too much, or not enough. Clearly, I feel more comfortable in my creative cave, than soaring through cyberspace proclaiming the good news of my book. However, the internet is by far the best way to let readers know about a book's release.

So for those of you who live in the Vancouver, WA - Portland, OR area, I'd love to see you at my book launch party on Saturday, Sept. 27th! Here's the flyer for the event with the details:

 
Hope you all have had a sensational summer. I don't know about you, but September always signals a time to really get back to work, for me. So, I'm working on the second book in my proposed MG series, and preparing to submit the first novel to some awesome agents.