Monday, January 13, 2014

Bibliophile's Corner

Fortunately, the Milk
by Neil Gaiman
Illustrated by Skottie Young

Amazon Description:
"I bought the milk," said my father. "I walked out of the corner shop, and heard a noise like this: T h u m m t h u m m. I looked up and saw a huge silver disc hovering in the air above Marshall Road."

"Hullo," I said to myself. "That's not something you see every day." And then something odd happened.


My Thoughts:
Leave it to Neil Gaiman to come up with one of the wackiest and wildest stories for children ever written! The master storyteller has written a book that reads like a tall tale told by an odd fellow indeed. However, upon a closer look, this well-written story is loaded with lots of laughs; twists and turns; and time travel...with breakfast cereal thrown in for good measure. If you are a parent or teacher to a reluctant reader, this book could be just the remedy. Fortunately, we have been gifted with an extraordinary author in Neil Gaiman. I would highly recommend this zany book with its awesome illustrations to readers from the ages of eight to twelve.

To learn more about the Newbery Medal winning author, Neil Gaiman, click here: http://neilgaiman.com/p/About_Neil