Friday, November 9, 2012

Storyteller's Journey

Royalty Free - Public Domain
The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!

I was tagged by Tanya Reimer to join The Next Big Thing Blog Hop - thanks, Tanya!!
If you'd like to play along add the working title for your WIP under comments. Join the fun!

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop:

Interview Questions:

1- What is the working title of your WIP?
Livvi Biddle ~ A Most Extraordinary Girl.

2- Where did the idea come from?
I actually had a similar experience to my MC when my beloved maternal grandmother passed away. Of course, as a writer, I let my imagination go well beyond that.

3- What genre does it fall under?
Middle grade fantasy. (Sorry YA writers! ^_^)

4- Which actor(s) would you choose to play your character(s) in a movie rendition?
That's a tough one since my protagonist is an eleven-year-old! Probably someone similar to Emma Watson when she played Hermione Granger in the early Harry Potter movies.

5- What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?
While Livvi grieves the loss of her mum odd occurrences begin to happen in the old mansion; her quest to find the answers to the mystery brings about magical consequences!

6- Will your book be self-published or represented by an agent? HaHa! I love the optimism here! I would definitely prefer to have my work represented by an agent, but self-publishing is not out of the question.

7- How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
A little over three weeks. I wrote it a year ago... while participating in NaNoWriMo!

8- What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Wow, another tough question that I have frequently pondered. The only current book that comes to mind is Storybound, by Marissa Burt.(Her MG novel is also a fantasy and features a female MC.)However, the classic book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe has the magic and mystery I am going for. (Wouldn't that be nice! ^_^)

9- Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Wow, no one has ever asked me that question. It probably came from having three boys and no girls; a latent desire to enter the world of a little girl again!

10- What else about your book might pique the reader's interest? Probably the fact that there is a magic locket in the story, a bit of time travel, and that my book could be the first in a series.

Tag 5 writers to celebrate with - go check out their worlds!
Ruth Schiffmann
Kriston Johnson
S.P. Bowers
Loree Huebner
Linda Jackson

*Use this format for your post.
*Answer the ten questions about your WIP.
*Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.

I'd love to hear about the whimsical world you're writing about!