Friday, March 30, 2012

Storyteller's Journey

Spring Break in the Southwest

It had been too long since I visited my parents here in Arizona; I decided I would fly down and visit them while my husband attends an oil painting workshop in our hometown.






The Poisoned Pen (Photo - Wikipedia)
Yesterday my Mom and I had lunch in the Old Town part of Scottsdale. I had an ulterior motive for visiting that part of the Phoenix metro area - I wanted to check out The Poisoned Pen Bookstore! It did not disappoint. While its specialties are mysteries and Southwest literature, it did not lack for a wide selection of books by various local authors.
I was overdue for a bit of rest and relaxation; unfortunately, I'll be leaving the Valley of the Sun soon.


To check out their website, click here: http://poisonedpen.com/

Do you have a favorite independent bookstore in your community?