Friday, September 6, 2013

Storyteller's Journey

Summer of 2013

This blog post reminds me of the back-to-school assignment: "What I Did On My Summer Vacation!" Here I'm hamming it up with my critique partner, Kriston Johnson. (L-R: Victoria and Kriston.)
In early June my hubby and I found ourselves in Bend, Oregon tootling through bookstores and art galleries. We took a nature walk around Mirror Pond - a familiar landmark in the artsy community.
The last Sunday of June we hosted a small family reunion at our home. Pictured from L-R: our youngest son, Brian; our soon-to-be-daughter-in-law, Jessica; our eldest son, David; and our middle son, Kevin.
Since our son, Brian, had moved home for a couple of months before moving to NYC, we spent several weekends taking him to some special spots in our area. In July we visited the Portland Japanese Gardens.
Later in July I spent time on Mt. Hood with Kriston Johnson for our writers' retreat. Here I'm pictured at Wildwood Recreational Site; we spent a couple of hours there walking around the amazing trails.
A few days after I returned from the writers' retreat, my husband, Michael, and I went back to Wildwood for a picnic...with some oil painting and writing on the side. That is our favorite thing to do on a free summer weekend.
In the midst of all this summer fun, I was actually able to accomplish my goal of rewriting an old manuscript! I'm still trying to decide whether or not to pursue beta readers, editing, and sending out query letters.
(Original copy pictured.)

I hope you all had a sensational summer. It feels good to be back in blogosphere after a much needed break. Happy writing, dear friends!