Friday, April 26, 2013

Storyteller's Journey

Eastward Bound!

Next week I will be flying to New England to attend the NESCBWI Conference. The decision to travel so far from my home in the Pacific Northwest was not an easy one. However, when I learned that Sharon Creech, Grace Lin, and a number of other well-known veterans in the KidLit world would be in attendance, I just had to register. I have made it a point to read as many novels by Ms. Creech and Ms. Lin as possible; hearing them speak will be something truly special, I'm sure.

Consequently, I'll be taking a two week blog break; I'll be back on Writ of Whimsy on Saturday, May 11th. Tomorrow I'll be participating in the Book Blast for Kriston Johnson's debut YA novel - Awakened. I'll leave that post on my blog until the 11th, so be sure and check it out and leave a comment to be eligible for the grand giveaway.

Wish me luck...with all of the flight delays this could be interesting!