Friday, April 8, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I was thinking of opening a Twitter account. By looking at the right side of this page you can see that I am now "tweeting." (My husband's new name for me is Twit - can you believe it?!) In any event, this experience can only be described as being akin to opening Pandora's Box. What I mean by that is this: although I enjoy reading other tweets on the subject of writing, and can definitely appreciate the value of networking with a larger number of people in the field of literature, there is one lurking drawback - it can be distracting to writing. Now that the curiosity of my new "toy" has worn off I have begun to settle back into my routine. I did , however, place a regulation on myself - no tweeting between one and four PM on weekdays. (That's my writing time.) So, if you catch me breaking my own rule you can say: "What is that Twit doing tweeting?!"