Friday, February 25, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

Reading has always been an important component of my life. Early on I realized that the characters in the books that I read were my friends - at least in my own imagination! (Who wouldn't want Nancy Drew as their best friend?) Being a natural introvert, I continued to read, rather than make many friends. Later, in my teens, I made several friends, but even then they were more like social acquaintances. My identity as a bookworm had become a permanent part of my personality, and still is to this day. Now, as an aspiring author, I have made some of the best friends I've ever had, and it's no surprise - they're writers! It seems we're a quirky bunch. At the core of our being we long for a magical kingdom, an alternate dimension, or a portal to the underworld! (Thanks, Kriston ^_^.) In any event, I have come full circle with my taste in books. I now spend time reading Newbery Medal/Honor Award winning books. (You have probably noticed that, if you've read any of my book reviews in Bibliophile's Corner.)