Thursday, February 3, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

Welcome to the first posting of my blog! The saying goes: "Every journey begins with a single step" - so this is mine in blogging. However, I have been writing imaginatively since childhood. Read more in About Me.

Writer in the Woods

Creativity comes to me most often while I'm enjoying nature, maybe that's why animal fantasy is one of my favorite genres. In addition to that, I have loved whimsical words my entire life. Hence, the title of my blog, "Writ of Whimsy".

My last thought for today answers the question: "Why do I feel the need to begin my own blog?" I have discovered that befriending fellow writers, readers and all lovers of the written word, has given me courage, strength, growth and a lot of fun. May this blog pass some of that on to you. Enjoy!