Friday, April 12, 2024

Storyteller's Journey

The Time Travel Tales of Livvi Biddle

As I continue penning the second novel in the Livvi Biddle series, I'm reminded of how much I enjoy losing myself in the world of my protagonist. I've crafted a world that has elements of art, nature, and history - all subjects I'm thoroughly passionate about. 
(Livvi Biddle image by Michael Lindstrom.)

In the second book of the series, Livvi and her friends time travel to France, in 1920, where they encounter a famous artist. I won't give you any more pertinent information - I don't want to ruin the surprise!
In any event, I find writing to be a most enjoyable activity - at least for the most part. The majority of the story that spans seven books has been alive in my mind for many years now. However, as any writer will tell you: penning down on paper what is in your mind is no easy task!   

I'm about a third of the way through the first draft, so I'm just entering the "muddle in the middle." The second act of any novel is usually the most challenging. So far, I'm finding that to be true with this book. The plan is to complete my manuscript by the end of summer, revise this fall, and hand it off to my editor after the holidays. Wish me luck!