Friday, October 30, 2020

Storyteller's Journey


 Happy Halloween!

While my stories are usually not in the horror genre, I do enjoy writing ghosts, magic, and paranormal events into my children's books. Mysterious settings and characters have always intrigued me; this time of year seems to inspire my creativity even more. My favorite genres to write in are light fantasy and magical realism.

For some reason, I'm fascinated by pushing the realm of reality with magical realism, causing the reader to think: Could this possibly really occur? In some ways, I find that possibility even more frightening! 🎃

When you write, what are your favorite genres to work within?

By the way, tomorrow night there will be a rare Blue Moon visible from most places around the globe. Click here to learn more!

Happy Halloween!