Friday, May 3, 2019

Storyteller's Journey

Prioritizing My Projects

While I've mentioned before how much I enjoy working on multiple projects, that approach does present a challenge: there's a risk that I'll never fully finish any of them! So, even though I have four projects right now, I primarily work on one at a time. Here's how I prioritize my projects:

#1 - If I'm really excited about one of my projects, that's the one I work on. There is no substitute for passion when you write. You don't always have that luxury, but when you do, it makes writing a dream.

#2 - I always like working on one of our Lindstrom Wintertime Tales during the fall and winter months if I can. Writing a winter story during the spring and summer months isn't nearly as much fun!

#3 - If I'm going to attend a writing conference where I might meet a literary agent, I always hope to have my manuscript ready so I can submit it to her. (Unsolicited submissions aren't usually accepted.)

Currently, I'm working on a new middle grade novel due to point #1 - the concept seemed to magically drop into my mind. I can't seem to think about anything else! Also, since it's historical fiction set in the summer of 1944 during World War II, and this summer marks the 75th Anniversary of D Day, I feel extremely connected to my story.

August 25, 1944 - Liberation of Paris - French Embassy
This vintage photo has inspired me, and my story, so much!