Friday, October 20, 2017

Storyteller's Journey

Photo Credit: Public Domain
Creative Book Marketing

It's been such a pleasure to have numerous creative friends in my life; we've had so many interesting discussions about making art, the life of an artist, and also several conversations about marketing art. Without exception, my creative circle of friends much prefer making art, as opposed to marketing art. For a variety of reasons, most creative types feel somewhat uncomfortable promoting their own work.

But, what if we authors used our creativity to promote our books?

I love the above photo of the "book wagon." It's a great example of a creative way to sell books. While I don't plan on purchasing a book wagon any time soon, it does remind me that authors can use unconventional - and even quirky - ways to promote their work.

If you're a writer of children's books, toy stores, gift shops, and galleries are all possible ways to push your work. I've discussed on Writ of Whimsy before how the Holiday Festival, SCANFAIR, in Portland, Oregon, is one of the best places for me to sell my books.

If you're a member of SCBWI, another great opportunity to promote your books is through an online site called BOOKSTOP. My book, JOURNEY TO SNOWDONIA, is currently featured on the site, as well as numerous other great reads for children.

Check out the HOME page for the SCBWI BOOKSTOP for a wide variety of books for kids: https://www.scbwi.org/scbwibookstop/

Please check out my page; I'd love for you to sign my guest book!
Here is the link for my SCBWI BOOKSTOP page: https://www.scbwi.org/scbwibookstop-display/?id=471016

Happy Reading...& Marketing!