Monday, October 23, 2017

Bibliophile's Corner

On A Magical Do-Nothing Day
by Beatrice Alemagna

Flap Copy Description:
All I want to do on a rainy day like today is play my game. My mom says it’s a waste of time, but without my game, nothing is fun! On the other hand, maybe I’m wrong about that…

While reading On a Magical Do-Nothing Day, one gets the sense that the illustrator became lost in her drawings, and as a reader, you will want to do the same. Perfect for fans of picture books by Julie Morstad, Carson Ellis, Jon Klassen, and Tomi Ungerer.

From the creator of The Wonderful Fluffy Little Squishy and A Lion in Paris! “Hands down, Beatrice Alemagna is my favorite contemporary illustrator," said the Caldecott Honor-winning illustrator of Last Stop on Market Street, Christian Robinson.

My Thoughts:
My soul seemed to sprout wings as I read the extraordinary words, and savored the whimsical artwork, in On A Magical Do-Nothing Day by Beatrice Alemagna! As a person who loves to walk in the woods - even on a rainy day - this little book was a breath of fresh air. Young readers will be challenged to drop their digital devices and romp around in their own backyard, or corner park, after experiencing this exceptionally beautiful picture book. I highly recommend On A Magical Do-Nothing Day to writers, illustrators, librarians, teachers, and readers of all ages!

Click here to learn about author/illustrator/artist Beatrice Alemanga.