Friday, June 13, 2014

Storyteller's Journey

Photo Credit: Public Domain
       2014 Summer Reading List

     Once again it's time to feature my annual summer reading list. Click on the title of each novel to link to the book review on this blog's meme: Bibliophile's Corner.

Listed in random order, my favorite MG novels since last fall:

The Whatnot, by Stefan Bachmann

Wildwood ~ Imperium, by Colin Meloy

Flora & Ulysses, by Kate DiCamillo

The Twistrose Key, by Tone Almhjell

The Year of Shadows, by Claire Legrand

From Nowhere to Norvelt, by Jack Gantos

The Nethergrim, by Matthew Jobin

Paperboy, by Vince Vawter

Under the Egg, by Laura Marx Fitzgerald

The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two,
by Catherynne M. Valente

Note: I'll be away from Writ of Whimsy for a few weeks, but will be posting occasionally on my auxiliary blog, The Shy Shutterbug, if you'd like to check up on me. We're overdue for a vacation!

Happy reading, everyone, and have a sensational summer!

(Since I'll be away from my blog for a while, I'm turning off comments.)