Friday, February 16, 2024

Storyteller's Journey

Surviving Cancer

Recently, I completed my final chemotherapy infusion, followed by a couple of weeks of chemo pills. Unfortunately, I ended up getting severely dehydrated and was hospitalized due to the severe side effects of the treatment. Thankfully, I'm on the mend, though very weak. I'm so grateful for all the kind messages, cards, and even flowers from so many of my dear friends and family. You have no idea what they meant in the midst of my health storm.


While I'm thankful to have completed my chemotherapy, I won't know for months if every cell of cancer was clobbered. Still, I'm going forward with my life believing that I'm cancer-free.

Next week I'll give you an update on my writing over this challenging time. Believe it or not, I was actually able to work on a project.