Friday, September 9, 2022

Storyteller's Journey

My Summer of '22

Over the years Writ of Whimsy has become an important element in my storyteller's journey; it feels good to be back sharing my writerly thoughts, as well as a few personal tidbits.

While my summer included some challenging events - like a two-week bout of Covid, a scary spider bite, and the passing of Michael's 97-year-old grandmother - there were positive experiences as well.

The middle of June, I celebrated the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II with my cousins Jill and Jane, at a local British tea house. We were there a bit after the date of the actual Jubilee, but it was just as well, since the place was packed earlier in the month. It's a rare event when we're all together, so it was a special day for me. It was such a blessing for them to travel from the Puget Sound area down to see me. 
After the writing of this, Queen Elizabeth II passed away yesterday; may Her Majesty rest in peace.


There were other get-togethers with friends and family as well.
The photo on the left was taken in the backyard of some dear friends during a birthday party. Our son Kevin spent the summer with us, which offered great conversations about life, literature, and near-death experiences! (Maybe I'll explain at a future date.) Reading a manuscript for a friend - and working on my own work in progress - also kept me busy.

Michael and I celebrated our 24th anniversary by spending time along the Columbia River at a special spot. While Michael painted, I read and took photographs. We finished our day with dinner & drinks at the nearby restaurant. Lots of fun!

While the presence of the numerous black-tailed deer is no longer a surprise, we still marvel at how blessed we are to have them in our lives. We have even become familiar with individual deer and recognize one from the other. 

Wishing you a fantastic fall season! Remember to read a good book!