Friday, January 8, 2021

Storyteller's Journey

My Children's Book Collection

My collection of old children's books grew significantly this Christmas, thanks to my generous family and friends. Vintage books have become an obsession, but I only seldom allow myself a purchase. I figured out that the allure, at least for me, is not only due to the wonderful children's stories within the spines of these old books, or even the beautiful illustrations that grace their pages. It's that these little tomes reflect a bygone era that makes each acquisition a treasure.

I've found that these rare editions not only bring me joy, they inspire me too. While children's books and the stories within them have changed much over time (as has our world), the idea that a child can learn and grow while enjoying a book is still just as true today as it was decades ago. During these difficult days, children need stories that provide hope and inspiration - with characters of integrity - now more than ever. That's enough motivation for me to keep writing in 2021.

Wishing each of you a wonderful year of writing!