Friday, November 18, 2016

Storyteller's Journey

Celebrate Universal Children's Day!

This Sunday, November 20th, is Universal Children's Day. The United Nations' (UN) Universal Children's Day is an occasion to promote the welfare of children and an understanding between children all over the world.
Click here to learn more about this important day for children.

    *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Last week I discussed the need for all writers to be motivated by a sacred cause. Only with such a passion can each of us create meaningful, inspirational, and entertaining fiction for young readers.

Children are, and have always been, my passion. As a teen I was a certified babysitter, as a dental hygienist I worked with children for years, and as a mother my three young sons were my entire life.

As a writer, my passion is to pen meaningful stories for children.

In light of the results of the U.S. Presidential election, it is now more imperative than ever that writers of books for young readers realize the importance of their calling and the immense difference we can make.

I've attached the link below to A Declaration in Support of Children posted by the Brown Bookshelf. Click on the link to read the post; I hope you choose to add your name to the already long list of names.
https://thebrownbookshelf.com/2016/11/14/a-declaration-in-support-of-children/