Friday, December 11, 2015

Storyteller's Journey

Yuletide Inspiration from Dylan Thomas

Since one of my current works in progress is set in Wales - Journey to Snowdonia -  I've done a fair amount of research on that country. And while this little book by Dylan Thomas is a familiar tale to children in Great Britain, it is somewhat unfamiliar to those of us in the States.
(I've discovered one of the biggest joys in being a writer is doing the research that is required to create my stories!)

A Child's Christmas in Wales not only informed and inspired me, it put me in the holiday spirit. So much so, that I'm anxious to read another Christmas story. If you, too, are looking for a yuletide tale to read this month, here's an extraordinary list of classics to choose from:

A Letter From Santa Claus, by Mark Twain

The Little Match Girl, by Hans Christian Andersen

The Gift of the Magi, by O. Henry

Papa Panov's Special Christmas, by Leo Tolstoy

Christmas Day in the Morning, by Pearl S. Buck

A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens

The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

So, grab one of these books, a cup of hot cocoa, and a holiday cookie... Enjoy!

And one more item that may interest you....My quarterly newsletter will be sent out next week; it includes highlights of my recent author activities. To sign up to receive it, click here!