Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sentimental Serendipity



Earlier this week one of my good blogging buddies - Ruth Schiffmann - blessed me with three awards.
A big "thank-you" to Ruth!

To receive The Booker Award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing). And you must list your five favorite books.

My Five Favorite Books:

1- A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens
2- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
3- The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame
4- Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon
5- Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand




The Fabulous Blog Ribbon is also about Fives.

Five Fabulous Moments:

1- Meeting my sweetheart, now husband, Michael.
2- Holding each of my three sons after they were born.
3- Watching two of my three sons graduate from college.
    (The third is a senior.)
4- Canoeing on Lake Quinault at sunset with my husband.
5- Meeting the wonderful writers at the SCBWI Oregon Retreat last year.

Five Things I Love:

1- The times our family can all be together.
2- Reading a good book, while drinking a cup of hot coffee.
3- Walking in the woods with only the evergreen trees to keep me
     company.
4- Going out to dinner with my husband.
5- A great surprise.

Five Things I Dislike:

1-  A solicitor's call. (I just had one!)
2- When people are late without reason.
3- Cleaning house.
4- Cooking.
5- Balancing my checkbook.



For the Kreativ Blogger Award you must list seven random things about yourself.

Here are my somewhat surprising seven:

1- My hair is extremely frizzy. (Ever heard of Roseanna Roseanna Danna?)
2- I am a R.D.H. (Registered Dental Hygienist)  I like writing better!
3- I was a high school cheerleader. (I know, hard to believe!)
4- I have visited the Holy Land.
5- I am impatient, but working on it.
6- I play the flute and the clarinet. (Not very well anymore!)
7- I still live in my hometown. (My parents and siblings have all moved -
    do you think that means anything?) HeHe!

Here are the five blogging buddies that I am passing these awards on to:

1- Kriston Johnson
2- Christy Peterson
3- Loree Huebner
4- Sara Bowers
5- Linda Jackson

Thanks for visiting Writ of Whimsy - hope you're having a great summer!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the awards, Victoria! The fact that I find most interesting is that you still live in your hometown, yet your siblings and parents have moved. You must really love your hometown!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Linda! I DO love my hometown. :-)

      Delete
  2. I agree, it is funny you still live in your hometown; we all left ours in MA and dispersed until re-gathering in ME where 5 out of 7 siblings now live within 15 minutes of one another. Congrats on all the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award! It's been fun learning more about you.

    I loved your fabulous moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Loree! Did you know that I'm as quirky as I am? ^_^

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the awards.

    (Patience is overrated)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the awards. I feel for your frizzy hair. I'm in the same boat and hate putting stuff on it so my family usually looks at my hair before looking down at my eyes for a greeting. =) U gotta luv 'em. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and thanks for thinking of me!

    Another Outlander fan! So exciting to find that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sara! Oh yeah...Jamie and Claire Fraser are the best! Hmmm...I wonder where I got my inspiration for a MG time travel tale!

      Delete