Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sentimental Serendipity

Welcome Friends!

Today we are celebrating
Writ of Whimsy's first birthday in Blogosphere! (Cheers erupt from hundreds of giddy guests!) To get the festivities started I'd like to acknowledge a few special scribes:

First up, is my talented writer pal, Kristine Birch - Tina to her friends. I met this lovely lady several years ago when we both attended a college creative writing course - I knew I liked her immediately. Her quiet, reserved manner was a shield hiding her wealth of knowledge - not only in literature - but in a plethora of other passions! Seriously, this gifted gal writes, blogs, cooks, bakes, sews, knits, gardens - and even did some of the minor remodeling on her idyllic home! In the midst of all that, she found the time to aid me in the design and creation of my original blog. For that reason I would like to pass on these two awards to my special friend:


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Next up is another special writer I befriended at the aforementioned college writing course, please welcome the gifted storyteller -
Kriston Johnson!
Kriston and I have been close writing pals for some time- through thick and thin. Her vibrant and youthful energy have both cheered me, and challenged me to go on. In her own life she finds time to write, blog, be a great wife and step mom, and work full-time at a job where she recently headed up a charity fund drive during the holidays. This faerie-friend is usually found peeking through a portal to an alternate world or hanging out with her numerous online pals.  Right now her YA manuscript is with an editor.
Kriston's blog recently had a major makeover - it is truly on fire!
In gratitude for being that friend who I know would go to Mordor with me-
I bestow on Kriston the following award:

* * * * * * * * * * * * 
My next featured friend hails from Saskatchewan Province in Canada. Please give a warm Yankee welcome to the amazing writer:
Tanya Reimer!
Although I have only met Tanya in Blogosphere, this wonderful blogging buddy wasted no time in making me feel welcome. In addition to her writing and editing, she stays busy as a wife, mother, and working as a community developer for a fantastic Fransakois community. This courageous crusader recently had to battle a health problem - but never missed a beat at being there for others. She seems to have a special intuition: every time she commented on my blog was a time I really needed some encouragement. In honor of that fact I bestow on Tanya the following award:
                                                         * * * * * * * * * * * *
My final friends are veterans in this blogging business, as well as in the writing world.
Please welcome these two super scribes and fellow friends:

Carol Riggs and Julie Musil!

Both of these ladies have informative and inspiring blogs with hundreds of happy followers. However, what sets them apart in my mind, is that they both took the time to reach out and befriend a newbie blogger.
I met Carol while attending the SCBWI Oregon Fall Retreat last year. It wasn't until the last morning that we had a chance to chat. This unassuming lady was very interested in my writing - never once did she mention all the manuscripts she'd written, critiques she'd done, or that she was represented by the wonderful agent - Kelly Sonnack of Andrea Brown Literary Agency. When I returned home I looked her up on her blog and discovered just how experienced a writer she really was, as well as being an amazing artist...and a wife and mother. It has been a blessing to get to know you better, Carol!
Our final guest is a great gal from sunny California. Julie is a published author, wife, mother of three sons, and is represented by the awesome agent -Karen Grencik, Co-Founder of Red Fox Literary. Although she is extremely busy, already has more followers on her blog than should be legal (^_^) she too, reached out and made me feel welcome in Blogosphere. Whenever I read her posts I feel like I'm listening to a kindred spirit - maybe it's because I also have three sons.
(In fact my eldest son recently moved to the California coast - when I get down that way I may have to look her up and "do lunch!")
Her generosity in sharing her wealth of knowledge has set the standard extremely high for the rest of us.
These two ladies already have so many awards that I decided to design a new one for them myself.
In honor of their high level of excellence as bloggers, writers, and for just being amazing women, I bestow on each of them the following award:

* * * * * * * * * *
(I have taken liberty at issuing these awards - clearly the only two I have received, that I issued, are those that I awarded Tina. Still, I hope my fellow bloggers will allow me this heartfelt indiscretion.)
In addition to the awards, these five fantastic ladies will also each receive a $10.00 gift card from either: Starbucks or Barnes and Noble.
This is just a small thank you gift to them for their kindness & support.

Listed below are the links to the wonderful blogs of these winners:
Julie Musil - Julie Musil - http://juliemusil.blogspot.com/
Carol Riggs - Artzicarol Ramblings - http://carolriggs.blogspot.com/
Tanya Reimer - Life's like that - http://www.tanyareimer.blogspot.com/
Kriston Johnson Words Escape Me http://kristonjohnson.blogspot.com/
Kristine Birch - Capable Garnet - http://capablegarnet.blogspot.com/

I would also like to mention so many more of you who have helped me, or befriended me, on this blogging journey - you know who you are. Thanks, ever so much!

As the winter sun fades, the writers of Wordlandia
enjoy a slice of cyber-cake, as well as a hefty helping of friendship!

Thanks for popping over to Writ of Whimsy's birthday party!
(This was so much fun - I think I'll do it again next year!)