Friday, March 18, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

Part of my journey as a writer includes the activity I'm participating in right now - Blogging. Starting and maintaining my blog has been a very positive experience. It has given me the opportunity to network with fellow writers, friends, and family - while practicing my writing skills. It has also caused me to follow blogs by published authors, which has been enlightening and entertaining. Last, but not least, my research has shown me that literary agents like having a blog to examine by prospective clients. Most writers I know who are opposed to starting a blog fear the commitment to keeping it up; however, you can post a number of entries ahead of time. So if you're an aspiring author start a blog; when you get published it won't be optional! (Now my friends want me to get going on Twitter - we'll see.)